This is my very first post thanks to my hubby for inspiring me..’thanks hun’ :).
What to make when you run out of onions.
When I reached my hand in the drawer where I keep my onions stock,I found that I have no onions left to cook for dinner tonight so, I ended up making tomato chatni with a side of baked tandoori chicken and white rice and oil free flat bread.
yummy tandoori chicken
Ingredients for tomato chutney
This is my meathod of preparing chutney when I am out of onions, most of all when I feel lazy and not much in cooking mood ;P
Cooking method for Tandoori Chicken
- 4 tablespoon of natural yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon tandoori masala and garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Juice 1 lemon
- 8 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 inch grated ginger
- Red food colouring
- 4 pieces of skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 Lemon
- Mix the spices, colouring, lemon juice and garlic and ginger up into a paste with a little water and stir in well with the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade. Score the flesh of the chicken and marinate in the marinade for 1-2 hours. Preheat the oven to it’s highest heat for at least 20 minutes. Shake off excess marinade and place chicken pieces on a wire rack in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes and check the chicken is cooked. When the colour stars to get darker, piercing the thickest piece with a toothpick, if the juices run clear it’s cooked.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice.
Hope you enjoyed reading.