Though I am very tiered, but I am writting this post for a friend who soo wanted this recipe. 🙂
As I was at the airport, I couldn’t cook the dinner so, people presenting you again a fast and yummy dish from easy cooking.
This dish is called pav bhaji, this is the most famous and liked street food or’ Healthy junk food’ ( isn’t it funny saying healthy junk food in the same breath). 😀
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Use whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator,or grab a mixed vegetable packet from the frozen section
- 3 medium onions(chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 capsicum(chopped)
- 1 cup potato(chopped)
- 1 cup mixed veggies(cauliflower, carrots, peas, French beans etc., chopped)
- 2 tsps Pav bhaji masala <<<—– this is very important
- 1 tsp chilli(powder)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (powder)
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- ½ lemon
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable Oil(to shallow fry)or butter
- 5-8 buns or flat bread
- pressure cook mixed vegetables except onion,tomatoes and capsicum, and when POP GOES THE WHISTLE remove and mash them coarsly after draining the excess water
- In a sauce pan heat 2 tbs of butter and 1 tsp of oil.
- Add ginger garlic past to it
- Keeping aside one onion( for garnishing) add the rest of the chopped onion,tomatoes and capsicum, fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
- Add pav bhaji masala,chilli powder,turmeric,salt and fry further 2-3 minutes
- Now add the mashed vegetables and bring to boil.
- Simmer till gravy is thick, keep stirring
- Add lemon juice
Garnish with chopped Cilantro, chopped onion and block of butter (to the chopped onions add little lemon juice some salt and pepper this tastes superb
serve it with bun roasted with butter or oil. but I had flat bread so had it with them, and weeelllaa it was super duper yummy…. 🙂
This is my very first post thanks to my hubby for inspiring me..’thanks hun’ :).
What to make when you run out of onions.
When I reached my hand in the drawer where I keep my onions stock,I found that I have no onions left to cook for dinner tonight so, I ended up making tomato chatni with a side of baked tandoori chicken and white rice and oil free flat bread.
tomato chutney with cumin and curry leaves tadaka
yummy tandoori chicken
Ingredients for tomato chutney
This is my meathod of preparing chutney when I am out of onions, most of all when I feel lazy and not much in cooking mood ;P
4 large tomatoes ( I used a chopped tomato can)
1 tsp ginger garlic past
salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbs oil
1/2 tspcumin seeds
4 dried red chillies
1/2 cup fresh curry leaves
Cook: 20 mins
In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat when the oil is hot enough add the tadaka ingredients . Add in tomatoes, and cover cooking until tomatoes are soft and begin to break down.Then add ginger and garlic, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
Cover it and cook for about 5 more mints and then remove it from the stove.
serve it with rice or flat bread.
Cooking method for Tandoori Chicken
And for the lazy, easy and yummy version of tandoori chicken..(the marination part was done few days before and freezed for times like this)
- 4 tablespoon of natural yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 Tablespoon tandoori masala and garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Juice 1 lemon
- 8 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 inch grated ginger
- Red food colouring
- 4 pieces of skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 Lemon
- Mix the spices, colouring, lemon juice and garlic and ginger up into a paste with a little water and stir in well with the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade. Score the flesh of the chicken and marinate in the marinade for 1-2 hours. Preheat the oven to it’s highest heat for at least 20 minutes. Shake off excess marinade and place chicken pieces on a wire rack in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes and check the chicken is cooked. When the colour stars to get darker, piercing the thickest piece with a toothpick, if the juices run clear it’s cooked.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice.
Hope you enjoyed reading.