Though I am very tiered, but I am writting this post for a friend who soo wanted this recipe. 🙂
As I was at the airport, I couldn’t cook the dinner so, people presenting you again a fast and yummy dish from easy cooking.
This dish is called pav bhaji, this is the most famous and liked street food or’ Healthy junk food’ ( isn’t it funny saying healthy junk food in the same breath). 😀
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Use whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator,or grab a mixed vegetable packet from the frozen section
- 3 medium onions(chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 capsicum(chopped)
- 1 cup potato(chopped)
- 1 cup mixed veggies(cauliflower, carrots, peas, French beans etc., chopped)
- 2 tsps Pav bhaji masala <<<—– this is very important
- 1 tsp chilli(powder)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (powder)
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- ½ lemon
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable Oil(to shallow fry)or butter
- 5-8 buns or flat bread
- pressure cook mixed vegetables except onion,tomatoes and capsicum, and when POP GOES THE WHISTLE remove and mash them coarsly after draining the excess water
- In a sauce pan heat 2 tbs of butter and 1 tsp of oil.
- Add ginger garlic past to it
- Keeping aside one onion( for garnishing) add the rest of the chopped onion,tomatoes and capsicum, fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
- Add pav bhaji masala,chilli powder,turmeric,salt and fry further 2-3 minutes
- Now add the mashed vegetables and bring to boil.
- Simmer till gravy is thick, keep stirring
- Add lemon juice
Garnish with chopped Cilantro, chopped onion and block of butter (to the chopped onions add little lemon juice some salt and pepper this tastes superb
serve it with bun roasted with butter or oil. but I had flat bread so had it with them, and weeelllaa it was super duper yummy…. 🙂